B & B
We offer both bunk style beds in shared accommodation, or private room options, and include a self-serve breakfast for a small extra cost. Tea and Coffee are included.
Up The Creek's owners are committed to providing top quality affordable accommodation for the traveller and adventurer, whilst remaining in harmony with the local community and environment. About the owners
Up The Creek places an emphasis upon sharing and community. Rooms are of course designed to accommodate comfortable sleeping, but customers are encouraged to use our beautiful common areas to maximum benefit. It is our hope that you will enjoy your stay here by sharing stories, laughter, food and more with the many travellers who pass through.
We also encourage you to support our local economy by using the local Roberts Creek businesses. Several offer a discount to Up The Creek customers (see links). And if at all possible, ride the bus, walk or bike to these attractions, and if you did drive here, please park in our private parking area out of respect for our neighbours.
Take time to enjoy the attractions of Roberts Creek and the Southern Sunshine Coast. In the summer the area offers stunning hiking trails at Cliff Gilker Park, kayaking, mountain biking, road cycling, beaches and Provincial parks, scuba diving, horse riding, the most stunning ferry rides in North America, and many events featuring local art and artisans.
The Creek also hosts a seemingly endless showcase of eclectic music and bands at the Gumboot Garden Café, the Roberts Creek Community Hall, and at the local Legion. There's always something going on!
In the winter there is unequalled backcountry adventure to be had on Tetrahedron Mountain. Suitable for snowshoeing and back country skiers with four wheel drive and chain access only, or watch for UTC's shuttle service. We also have our very own BC Nordic Winter Recreation Area in Dakota Ridge (www.scrd.ca and www.dakotaridge.ca), perfect for snowshoeing and cross country skate and classic skiing, just 40 minutes from Up The Creek. And of course, year-round world class mountain biking and scuba diving.
Top Ten things to do while staying at Up The Creek
- Catch a live band or eat dinner at the Gumboot Restaurant (and use our unique 10% food voucher, only UTC customers get this!)
- Hike Cliff Gilker park and gaze at waterfalls, mushrooms and towering cedars
- Beach comb alongside Roberts Creek pier
- Mountain bike on the network of trails below Mt Elphinstone and either side of the Roberts Creek Fire service road (B&K), just 1km from our door.
- Enjoy a sunset stroll along Beach Ave or take one of our free loaner bikes for a cruise around the village
- Sea kayak from the mouth of Roberts Creek using our local outfitters
- Tell travel stories around our patio & gas fire pit or the campfire in our ½ acre garden
- Road ride a beautiful 2 hour circuit that takes in Roberts Creek backroads, Gibsons farmland, Bonniebrook seafront and Langdale switchbacks
- Play guitar or read a book while relaxing in our hammocks
- Visit the Farmers Market, every Wednesday during March-October at Roberts Creek Hall, just 150m away.
Hear What People Are Saying
View us on Trip Advisor. Currently #2 B & B in Roberts Creek with 47 'Excellent' Reviews (Jan 2015)
- Immaculate, warm and relaxed place, thanks for sharing your vibe.
- Ashley, March 2013
- We especially like the arugula.
- David & Jimmy, Vancouver, May 2013
- Best Stagette venue ever.
- Connie Baldwin group, Sept 2013
- You almost couldn't get rid of us.
- Tegan & Jemma, Brisbane, Aus, Oct 2013
- The attention to detail, genuine friendliness and helpfulness made us feel totally at home here. Couldn't imagine a better place to stay on the Coast.
- Mertha, Sara & Kristel, Feb 19 2013
- Awesome time as always Martin. Thanks for the great hospitality!
- Delhi 2 Dublin, Feb 3 2013
- The Cherry Cabin is peace itself
- Laurie, Vancouver, Aug 28 2012
- This community is wonderful! The hostel is so close to everything
- Trish & Billy, Aug 9 2012
- Love this place, love the hammocks
- Yvonne, May 25 2012
- There was a gentle bond between the two (Martin & Coulter) that gives terrific energy to the place.
- Chuck S, Illinois, Sept 2011
- This B&B is bang for your buck
- Cecali, Aug 2011
- Thanks for getting me up to Dakota Ridge at last
- Art, East Vanc, Dec 10
- This is the best Hostel I've ever been to
- Lulu, Germany Oct 10
- A Truly Special Hostel
- Dan & Emma, Same Sun Hostel, Silverstar, Sept 10
- One day equal to years
- C.X March 10
- Great as always
- Five Alarm Funk, Jan 10
- Awesome cozy rainy days and a hilariously fun New Years Eve
- Sam & Erin Dec 09
- We should have come here sooner, definitely a new stop on the annual West Coast trip
- Heather & Chris, Sept 09
- Never would have known a hostel was a great place for a family vacation, thanks for 4 great nights
- Cheryl, Cole, Adam and Janna Aug 09
- I'll tell all my friends on Facebook about this place. It really stands out among the others
- Susan July 09
- Next time we'll have to stay a little longer so we can jam
- Hey Ocean, June 09
- Thank you so much — I didn't mind missing the ferry at all if it means staying here! I will for sure be back!
- Verena, Oct 08
- Will be remembering the jam session for quite a while.
- Amy, Nov 08
- Up The Creek isn't like any other hostel I've been too, Thanks,
- Robin, Nov 08
- Up The Creek exemplifies the best of ecolodging…. in the context of one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- Crystal, July 08
- The free bikes are a very nice touch.
- Sebastien, Amsterdam July 08
- Couldn't have found a better place for our retreat! Perfect spot, beautiful house & AWESOME riding. Thanks so much for letting us take over your home...we'll be telling all our members about you.
- Tracey and the rest of the WORCA board Oct 08
- I will return someday and we'll ride our Lambretta's! Best hostel I've ever been to. Thanks
- Dustin Oct 08
- Your attention to reducing ecological footprint in this setting is heartwarming
- Sarah, Conrad, Osha & Aislin Aug 08
- In the three weeks of travelling BC, this place was one of the nicest.
- Tanja, Bernd & Erik, Germany Oct 06
- The best hostel on my six weeks around Canada
- Gerjit, Germany Sept 06
- The brochure is right....I wanted to stay longer
- Emma, Northern Ireland, Sept 06
- Congratulations on an ecology-conscious business.
- Dave Kent April 06
- Thank you for sharing your wonderfully warm, inviting and eco-responsible home...
- Sarah—Yorkshire, Perth and Atlin, Sept 05
- This place is on par with Tofino except even friendlier. Thanks for the parking space.
- Denis, Nanaimo, BC, Sept 05
- You guys have a beautiful home!! .....the riding is EPIC. I will definitely be back to ride.
- Cheers, Chris, North Vanc, Sept 05
- This is the most amazing place I've stayed at in my last few years of backpacking, there's magic in the air!
- Marianne Bilzar, Strasbourg France June 05
- After 7.5 months we felt like coming home in this place. Nothing to think about, nothing to plan, enjoying the sun, the village, the surroundings, the smells, the beach and your family! This is one of the places we will definitely visit again!
- Nynke and Erik, Holland April 05
- The atmosphere here is amazing, unlike any other hostel.
- Sarah Tubridy, County Clare Ireland March 05
- Thank you for your kindness and letting us share your home. You are part of something greater than you know.
- Tim, Tom and Terri June 04
- I think it's the 4th — I've lost track of time
- Chaara, Vancouver, Aug 04
- I haven't been so relaxed in months
- Kirsten, Vancouver Summer 04